Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Story of Us by Dani Atkins

Title: The Story of Us
Author: Dani Atkins
Published: 14th August 2014
Publisher: Head of Zeus




Review


Having loved Dani Atkins début, Fractured, I just knew that The Story of Us was going to be good and I was proved right.

As with Fractured, The Story of Us starts with a bang with a tragic accident that leaves Emma and those around her heartbroken. It is through this accident that Emma meets Jack who saves her life. Their connection with one another is definitely a strong one, but is that just because of the accident? And besides, Richard is the man she loves.....Or is there something more there?

I was instantly hooked by The Story of Us just like I was with Fractured and from then on it was unputdownable. Dani really is a brilliant storyteller. It is so easy to get swept up in her books and feel like you are one of the characters. Her stories always manage to be so different to everyone else's and I think that is what makes them so special.

I honestly did not know where this story was going to go. Dani very cleverly throws you off the scent as to which man Emma will choose and even right up until the very last second, I still had no idea how it was going to end.

What I particularly liked about this is that it was split up into five parts and at the beginning of each part we get a little snippet into what the outcome was. I loved these bits and I desperately tried to look for clues, but even in these bits, Dani has you jumping to the very wrong conclusions.

Although I still think Fractured is Dani's best book, I still absolutely loved The Story of Us and it still gets five stars from me.



        



No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS